We will take every possible action to protect and promote the health of the people in the Callaway Hospital District service area while extending respect and compassion as we serve each individual.
Through the years we have helped generation after generation reach better health. Our organization has been striving to serve the needs of our region since we were established. We here at Callaway District Hospital and Medical Clinics are loyal to our community and will continue to strive for excellence in healthcare.
Being part of the community has been an important goal throughout the years, and with your help and loyalty we can continue to provide health services that you can depend on.
Mission & History
- 1952: The first Callaway community hospital was formed as the Callaway Municipal Hospital.
- 1972: The Callaway Municipal Hospital closed due to uncertainty with physician recruitment and building maintenance.
- 1974: Dr. Ronald J. Sheppard opened a new practice in the community that also helped reopen the hospital. The community provided over $40,000 in donations for new hospital equipment.
- 1979: Construction on a new hospital and renovation of the old building into a medical clinic was completed.
- 1987: The hospital underwent an expansion to add new outpatient services.
- 2009: A new medical clinic was constructed and the 1979 hospital building was renovated.
- Today: Callaway District Hospital operates as a 12-bed critical access hospital, providing acute inpatient care, emergency care, radiology, and laboratory services. The organization also operates the Callaway Medical Clinic and Arnold Medical Clinic.
Board of Directors
Our board of directors oversee Callaway District Hospital’s best interests and is responsible for the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. The board’s primary focuses are to maintain superb patient care and to ensure financial sustainability. Our board of directors includes:
- Mary Ross, Chair
- Greg Johnson, Vice Chair
- Zachary Meyer, Secretary Treasurer
- Mark Kimball, Trustee
- James Jenkins, Trustee
Our leadership team is tasked with the oversight of Callaway District Hospital and its clinical operations, as well as ensuring its objectives and strategic plans are met. Our leadership team includes:
- Brett Eggleston, CEO
- Dr. Kenneth Loper, Chief of Staff
- Cassie Penn, COO
- Kim Shied, CNO
- Katie Dvorak, Business Office Manager
- Toni French, HR Manager
- Melonie Morrison, Lab Manager
- Suzanne Jorgenson, Radiology Manager
- Amy Lewandowski, Clinic Nursing Manager
- Keri Schneringer, HIM Manager
Callaway District Hospital does not discriminate in the provision of services to an individual based on: the individual’s inability to pay; whether payment for those services would be made under Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP; the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. A discounted/sliding fee schedule is available based on family size and income.